One can scarcely open a food trade magazine, e-newsletter, consumer study or stroll an event like the 2017 Natural Products Expo West without hearing about the growing interest in plant-based foods. However, proteins from plant sources taste, function and are nutritionally different from animal sourced once, many which form the “gold standards” that consumers have come to expect.
If your new product development initiatives include the growing popularity of plant proteins, then attending Global Food Forums’ 2017 Protein Trends & Technologies Seminar is a must.
This event’s technical program features seven expert speakers providing key insights into the functional characteristics, flavoring, analysis, and regulatory issues that are relevant to optimal use of plant proteins:
· Disruptive Ingredient Technologies: Characterizing Plant Proteins to Predict Optimal Food Matrix Use
Speaker: Denis Chéreau, Ph.D., General Manager, IMPROVE SAS
· Plant Protein Use in Gluten-free, Grain-based & Non-Grain based Foods
Speaker: Massoud Kazemzadeh, Ph.D., Co-founder and COO, Kay’s Naturals, Inc.
· Proteins for Health: Issues, Updates and Opportunities
Speaker: Joanne L. Slavin, Ph.D., RD, Professor, Department of Food Science and Nutrition, University of Minnesota
· Protein Flavoring Problems: The Whys, Wherefores & Possible Ways Out
Speaker: Gary Reineccius, Ph.D., Professor and Past Department Head, Dept. of Food Science & Nutrition, University of Minnesota
· Protein Blends: Increasing Ingredient Flexibility
Speaker: Laurice Pouvreau, Ph.D., Senior Scientist, NIZO food research
· Protein and Amino Acid Analysis in Relation to Nutrition Labeling and Protein Quality
Speaker: Sneh D. Bhandari, Ph.D., Director of Chemistry Research, Silliker Inc., Merieux NutriSciences
The 5th annual Protein Trends & Technologies Seminar on May 23-24, 2017, at the Westin Hotel, Itasca, Ill., USA is the industry’s largest event that focuses exclusively on proteins.
Day 1’s (May 23rd) “Business Strategies” pre-conference provides valuable consumer trend and protein market statistics for those interested in the dynamics of the protein ingredients market.
Day 2’s (May 24th) “Technical Program: Formulating with Proteins” is specifically designed for food scientists/R&D developing protein-enhanced foods, beverages and nutritional supplements. The eight expert speakers will provide practical and impartial formulation advice, insights into emerging protein ingredients and interpretations of key consumer trends.
Inter-active: NEW Protein Product Sampling Station provides an exciting opportunity for you to taste new protein-enhanced consumer products and novel protein ingredients.
Great Savings/Great Benefits!
• Uncover valuable protein product development tips for your company.
• Conveniently located only 10 miles from Chicago’s O’Hare & Midway airports.
• Moderately priced hotel rooms and free parking.
• Ingredient Supplier Tabletop Exhibits manned by technical staffs ready to assist in your protein initiatives.
• Valuable networking opportunities with the speakers, industry leaders, peers and knowledgeable ingredient suppliers.
• A high-value, jam-packed program means minimal time out of the office.
BONUS: IFT’s Certified Food Scientists attending this event may choose to submit session credit hours toward recertification. Session credit hours also may be submitted towards RCA’s CCS® and/or CRC® certification.
NOTE! The May 23rd Business Strategies pre-conference program will focus on fundamental and ever-changing factors impacting the global protein ingredient market. This information is crucial for anyone guiding their protein ingredient business or for those where the protein ingredient marketplace has significant impact on their business.
SPONSORS AT THE MAY 24th TECHNICAL PROGRAM: FORMULATING WITH PROTEINS: American Egg Board, Austrade, Cosucra, MGP Ingredients, Milk Specialties, Lactalis America, Ingredion, ARLA Foods Ingredients, International Dehydrated Foods (IDF), ICL Food Specialties, RiceBran Technologies, World Food Processing, Synergy Flavors, Prinova, U.S. Dairy Export Council, USA Dry Pea & Lentil Council, Axiom Foods, FlavorHealth, Originates, Tatua, Golden Peanut and Tree Nuts, Mother Murphy’s and Fenchem.